- You will work on the specification, design and realization of embedded and real-time software that will be part of our, partly implantable, spinal cord stimulation system (Class III Medical Device.) Potential topics are:
- Software implementation of data communication between implantable (IPG) and body-worn systems;
- Implantable Pulse Generator firmware, starting with feasibility units and prototypes of system, expanding towards External pulse generator system. Interaction/cooperation with IPG design house/manufacturer.
- Real-time control firmware for body worm Motion Controller (closed loop control system and commutation hub). Communication via BLE and propriety protocols.
- Experience in C and C++
- Preferred experience: version control, test automation, continuous integration and unit testing.
- Preferred experience: Software that operates in, and interfaces directly with a hardware environment with limited resources (memory, processor speed, power consumption, safety, encryption…).
- You are familiar with wireless communication protocols like Bluetooth low-energy (BLE) and reliability challenges that come with these protocols.
- You will work together with our architects in making and documenting design choices. You will work in a multidisciplinary engineering team (Minimal hands-on knowledge of lab equipment is a pre).
- You are doing a bachelor or master in electronics or software engineering or similar discipline
- You have a systems-thinking attitude, can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these.
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team within a startup company.
- You are fluent in English. This is our company language. Mastering of French and/or Dutch language is highly appreciated.